Friday, April 25, 2014

I Can Only Imagine... And It Gives Me Goosebumps





As I have been preparing for our new message series , “Heaven is for Real” I came across a quote from science fiction writer Isaac Asimov:
“I don’t believe in the afterlife, so I don’t have to spend my whole life fearing hell or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse.”
Sadly, this view is common even among Christians. Our vision of heaven is often limited to an extended, boring, uninspiring church service. Somehow heaven has not captured our imaginations and transformed our lives. How did this happen? Where did we get such a depressing view of heaven?
Heaven is not merely a fanciful idea created to give people comfort in the midstthe pain of life. Rather, heaven is a real place awaiting Jesus' believers after their deaths. As Jesus demonstrated in his resurrection, death is not the end but merely a portal into eternal life. Shortly before his death, Jesus put it this way:
In my Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you John 14:2
Have you taken the time to really reflect on the reality of heaven? When we die we will eternally be with our Creator! I can only imagine what that will be like and I get goose-bumps just thinking about it. I hope you do too.  Without sounding morbid, let me ask you this question; “Are you eagerly anticipating the day when this life ends and you enter into God’s presence forever? If not you have truly embraced the Biblical teaching and the cravings of our soul, that earth is not where your citizenship is; heaven is your home. It's time you recaptured a vision for the majesty, beauty and power of heaven.
This is what Pastor Brant and I are going to explore beginning this Sunday April 27th at out 8:30. 10, 11:30am & 6pm services. Make it a point to be at C3 if you can. If you cannot attend be sure to watch on it on our website www.celebratejesus.org (media) or download the Celebration Community Church app for your phone or tablet. (messages).
Your pastor and partner in ministry,
Kyle












Tonight: Drive in movie info

No comments:

Post a Comment