Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Your Work Matters To God


Proverbs 16:3 “Commit your work to the Lord and then it will succeed.”
In your lifetime you’re going to spend about 150,000 hours at work. That’s forty percent of your life. The odds are you’re not going to enjoy it. A recent survey across America discovered that as many as two thirds of American workers said, “I really don’t like my job.” In fact a lot of people flat out say, “I hate my job!”
There was a #1 country music hit in 1978 titled “Take This Job and Shove It”. It pleaded the point of a bitter man who worked long and hard with no apparent reward. I once read that Monday morning between 5 a.m. and 9 a.m. is the number one time people commit suicide. Why? Because they can’t face another week at work.
Well today is Tuesday and if you are reading this devotional I would like to suggest that you take a new look at the way you relate to your work. To borrow a recruitment slogan from the U.S Navy, our work should be, not just a job, but an adventure.
God has given us our jobs not as a curse but as a blessing. So as you go about your business today look for ways you can be a blessing to others.
This weekend I will be speaking to all C3 services about How our work matters to God.
Your pastor and partner in ministry,
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment