Tuesday, October 24, 2017

I’m Thankful to God!


With my upcoming retirement at the end of the month and this being the last of the over 3000 daily emails/P.K.’s blogs that I have written since 2004, I want to share you with briefly what I am thankful to God for.
I’m Thankful to God… For the Grace He’s Shown Me.
Everything God does in me and through me and for me and to me is by His grace. I didn’t earn it, I didn’t work for it and I certainly don’t deserve it.
I’m so glad that God doesn’t give me what I deserve, instead God gives me what I need. His grace is amazing and it is a free gift of which I am thankful.
I’m Thankful to God… For the Plan He Has For Me.
Over our time together at C3 I have talked a lot about this.
You and I were made for a reason, for God’s purpose. God has a perfect plan for your life and mine. His plan for me was to be the Founding and Senior Pastor of Celebration Community Church for the last 21 years and I am so glad I got with the plan. We may not always know what the future holds but what I have always tried to do was to not to worry, fear or fret about it but rather to trust in the One who holds my future. As Debbie and I move forward in faith on a new adventure in life we have put our faith and trust in this promise from God:
“For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future”. Jeremiah 29:11
I’m Thankful to God…For the People He Has Put Around Me
There are far too many people to mention so I hope you know that if you are reading this, that I am so blessed to have had you in my life and that I echo the Apostle Paul’s words that he wrote as a thank you note to a congregation he founded and was so close to his heart:
I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:3-6
He is talking about his love and affection for a church. I have always said that church is not a building, church is not something you go to, church is not an event you attend. Church is a family that God meant for you and me to be a part of, connected to, committed to. God in His manifold wisdom created us to be in a relationship with Him and with each other; fellowship in the family of God, the body of Christ.
I have been blessed all these years to be a part of this amazing church family and I have the confidence that what He has begun in us, He will carry on to completion until He comes again.
So as I close this chapter of my life I give thanks to God and give thanks to you for allowing me to be…
Your pastor and partner in ministry,
Kyle
P.S.
If you can, please stop by the gym at C3 this Saturday from 1-4pm to wish Debbie and I farewell. I will also be taking communion with you during all of our services this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment