Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Hope and Peace

Hope. And peace. These are words that my wife, DeLynn, and I have been talking about for some time now.

As many of you reading this blog know, we have had a great deal of challenges with the health of our two sons, Landry and Kelby. The past six years have been hard. Parents (or parent figures) know how tough it is to see your children hurt. Many have said, “If only I could take their place, I would!” I know that feeling (I’ve admittedly thought that myself), but we all know that’s just not the way God designed it.

We have realized something huge through all these trials: There’s a big difference between praying for your kids and actually surrendering them to Him. We have learned through the most difficult experiences of our lives that for us to have peace, surrendering our kids to the Lord is not only important, but it’s essential.

DeLynn and I know that God has so many promises for his followers. And because we can stand on His Word, we can have hope. And with hope comes peace!

I was so excited that I came across my verse of the year a couple weeks ago. I knew the minute I read it that God had shown me my 2015 Verse of the Year. We are so full of hope for healing in both of our sons. I am choosing to stand on this verse for the days ahead:

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. -Romans 15:13

Pastor Brant
Your Verse
What is your Scripture Verse of the Year?
Memorize it. Meditate on it.
Mark it on the wall of the service you attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment