Tuesday, May 31, 2016

ermoian’s encouraging e-mails

e3
ermoian’s encouraging e-mails
Welcome to e3. Each weekday I will send to the people of the Celebration and others this e-mail devotional. I will include a plan for reading the Bible in its entirety in 2002. On one of the verses I will share a comment and practical application. Each email also includes upcoming events at C3, needs and prayer requests. Enjoy!
What you just read above is a portion of what I believe is the first daily email I began sending to the people of Celebration Community Church in early 2002. That means with the exception of a few weeks over the years when other staff members wrote this email, I have sent out about 3,500 of these messages over the last 14 years.
This summer seems to be a logical time to conclude these weekday communications. I am planning on taking some vacation time in a week or so when our four grandchildren from Atlanta come to town in June. Then in July I will for the first time in twenty years be taking a study leave.
During that time my plan is to pray, read, reflect, study and help design a successful succession plan for Pastoral Leadership at C3. In addition, I plan on researching the launching and administering of a thriving ministry to senior adults.
C3’s e-news weekly will continue to be e-mailed to those who subscribe to it on Tuesdays, updating you on what’s happening at C3. It will also become available on our C3 Hays app beginning this week. If you are not yet using our app on your smart phone or tablet I encourage you to do so.
If you are looking for a good online devotional to read each day I suggest Rick Warren of Saddleback’s “Daily Hope” http://rickwarren.org/devotional.
Thank you for reading e3-ermoian’s encouraging e-mails or as it is known now, PK’s blog. Writing these daily devotionals have been a privilege and a pleasure. It is always an honor to hear when people mention they had enjoyed it.
Also thank you SO much to my wife Debbie who for the last 14 years has supported me while I write these devotionals mostly in the evening in my office at home.
Thank you also to Doug Folland who has for many years formatted these words and sent them to you electronically each week day.
I close, as I have since the beginning.
Your pastor and partner in ministry,
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment