Wednesday, August 27, 2014

I Challenge You TWICE!

I Challenge You TWICE!

It seems that just about everyone I know is participating in the ALS Ice Bucket challenge. As of Tuesday, the ALS Association (ALSA) -- which fights Lou Gehrig’s disease by funding research, supporting people with the condition and fostering government partnerships -- had collected over 80 million dollars over a matter of weeks this summer from the viral social media campaign. It’s a particularly impressive figure considering that the organization collected $2.6 million in the same period last year, according to a statement released by the group. 
I and the rest of the C3 staff have been challenged by former worship arts director Kael Bloom whose father James is suffering with ALS. 
I will be accepting Kael’s challenge as we gather at the Haines Pond at 1pm this Sunday August 31st for our annual Baptism outing. (I figured as long as I was getting wet I should as they say get “two birds with one stone”)
I WANT TO MAKE TWO CHALLENGES. My first challenge goes out to all who are reading this who have not yet been baptized.  God’s word is clear that those who are believers should be baptized. 
 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Acts 2:38 
God’s people should be baptized not because a church requires it or even because a pastor challenges you to do it but because God commands it. My challenge to you is to be obedient to God by being baptized. If you would like to be baptized this Sunday contact ericka@celebratejesus.org and she will communicate to you what you are to do. 
My second challenge goes out to everyone who calls Celebration Community Church their home to accept my ice bucket challenge. I challenge you to meet me in the parking lot of C3 THIS SUNDAY at 1pm where we will car pool the 5 miles to the Haines Pond where we will witness many believers being baptized and then we will raise money and awareness for ALS. B.Y.O.B. (Bring Your Own Bucket)  I'll provide the ice. 
Do you accept my challenges? 
Your pastor and partner in ministry,
Kyle     

Presents


THIS FRIDAY 7:05 pm FREE! Invite a Friend


Child Dedications This Sunday during all services. Contact ericka@celebratejesus.org to register. 



No comments:

Post a Comment