Thursday, December 31, 2015

New Years Resolution Part 3

untitled

The #1 New Year’s Resolution in the U.S. this year and every year is to lose weight. And dietary experts agree the best way to lose weight is to reduce your calorie intake. Bread is loaded with carbohydrates and is absent from most diet plans.


In Biblical times bread was whole grain with no preservatives and was a staple at everyone’s table. People ate bread to satisfy physical hunger and to sustain physical life.

In John 6:35-36 we read:
“Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.""


We can only satisfy spiritual hunger and sustain spiritual life by a right relationship with Jesus Christ. No wonder he called himself the bread of life.
As bread must be eaten to sustain life, so Christ must be invited into our daily walk to sustain spiritual life.


I encourage you this year to reduce your caloric intake. (I will continue my abstaining from church donuts) I also encourage you to increase your word intake by coming to the table each day for a quiet time with God.

I have made a New Year’s Resolution, beginning tomorrow the first day of the New Year, to read the entire Bible again in 2016.


There are many Bible reading plans you can access through You Version found on your smart phone app C3Hays. Pick one out that fits you and begin your New Year with a new commitment to read God’s word.


I hope you have a safe and Happy New Years Eve.


Your pastor and partner in ministry,

Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment