Monday, December 28, 2015

SPIRITUAL CHECK–UP 2016

Spiritual checkup
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 2 Corinthians 5:17
Since Celebration Community Church’s inception almost 20 years ago, I have asked our people to begin each New Year by taking a Spiritual Check Up and choosing a Scripture Verse of the Year to meditate on, memorize and in recent years, write on the walls outside of our Worship Venues.
SPIRITUAL CHECK–UP 2016
(5 questions to ask yourself to help you lead a healthy, purposeful life)
1. What was my scripture verse of the year for 2015?
If you chose one last year recall it, reconnect with why you chose it.
2. Through what difficulties last year did God try to teach me to rely on Him.
Remember the specific difficult times you went through and look back to see how God was with you in the midst of them.
3. Am I growing Spiritual fruit by spending time each day in God’s word and prayer?
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Galatians 5:22-23    
4. Am I using the gifts and abilities God gave me by serving and sharing my faith with others?
Ask yourself where in the church can I serve and who outside of the church can I reach out to and share my faith?
5. What is God putting on my heart to be my scripture verse of the year for 2016?
Take time this week to turn off your T.V /computer, open up God’s word and ask Him to lead you to a verse that will lead you in the coming year.
Revisit this exercise each day this week and prepare for what God wants to do in you and through you in 2016.
God Bless you and have a wonderful week.
Your pastor and partner in ministry.
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment