Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Thank you notes to God Part 1

thank you
Are you familiar with the Friday night segment of The Tonight Show when Jimmy Fallon writes out his weekly thank you notes? They are pretty funny click the link here for an example) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmm19Ecnve0
I don’t know about you but I could do better sending thank you notes to the people who have done something nice for me.
I got to thinking If I  were to write a thank you note to God what would it say?
Thank you God for the life you have given me and for each day which is your gift to me.   
Thank you God for being love. I now realize that when I am loving, I am the most like you I can be. When I am full of fear, hatred, or anger, then I am pushing you away with both arms. If I open my arms and expose my heart, then You are always there to give me the love I need.
Thank you God for being the best teacher I have ever had. The lessons written in your book  are custom made to help me work on what I need to learn today and for a lifetime.  
Thank you God for showing me that life is like a jigsaw puzzle: The individual pieces may seem incoherent, chaotic, and sometimes confusing but when I  look at the bigger picture I can see your hand working everything out for the good.
What would your thank you notes to God look like?
Be sure to come to C3 this Sunday as we will be speaking on giving (Thanks)365  
Your pastor and partner in ministry,
Kyle
TONIGHT:
Celebrate Heath Presents: “Ask a Pediatrician” 6:30pm Celebration CafĂ©’  If you have little ones you are going to want to come to this. Child care is available. If you have any questions contact Amanda at health@celebratejesus.org
This Saturday:
We will be collecting groceries this Saturday between 9am & 5pm If you have not yet signed up for an hour, contact kyle@celebratejesus.org  

No comments:

Post a Comment