Monday, February 16, 2015

Praise Him In The Storm

Praise Him In The Storm
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. Psalm 46:1-3

Last Wednesday at the Leavenworth National Cemetery we laid to rest Tim Lang, a soldier of the Lord who survived two tours of duty in Iraq but died suddenly in an accident on an icy road. Tim and his wife Amy had been long time Celebration Community Church members who served in various ministries throughout the church including singing on our worship team. Tim’s service began with the playing of the Casting Crown’s song, “Praise You in the Storm” Unexpected crises are a part of life, they are like storms that often come upon us quickly and can shake the very foundations of our lives.

God wants to use the storms of our lives to teach us to trust Him and to make us stronger in our personal development and in turn for us to be able to help others through the storms in their lives.

That’s just what Tim did after he returned stateside dedicating his life to helping veterans cope with Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome.

I remember attending a Promise Keepers Event some time ago with Tim and about 75 other Celebration Community Church men. We heard one of the speakers say, “At this moment you are in one of three storm categories; either you just came out of a one, or you are in a one right now, or you are headed into one. Such as it is with crises, they cannot be escaped, even if you hide in the storm shelter it is still there pounding away!

What we can be assured of is that through the storms of life, God is with us.

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

[Chorus:]
And I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

Your pastor and partner in ministry,

Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment