Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Remember the Height from Which You Have Fallen

Revelation Series
In the book of Revelation Jesus instructs John to write the churches what he approves and what he is critical of.
During these posts we are looking at what Jesus instructs John to write to the church at Ephesus.  Revelation 2:4-5
Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love. He then gives them some advice as to how to regain Remember the height from which you have fallen”… 
Remember.  Remember what?  Remember what it was like when you were in love with Christ.  Remember when you had that intimate experience, that intimate relationship with Jesus.  How long ago was that?  Jesus is saying, remember back.  You’ve got to start there.
Remember the things you used to do with your spouse when you first used to date
 You might say, “We used to spend a lot of time together.  I’ve just become so busy.” The same things apply to your relationship with Christ. You might say, ”We used to spend a lot of time together. I used to bring You wherever I went.  Whatever I did You were right there with me. I used to experience long, extended times of worship in Your name.  I just don’t have time for that any more.  I used to be so proud of You and I used to share You with all my friends.”  Remember back what it was like.  That’s the first step.
It might be you are complicating your life with too many activities that keeps you so busy.  Too many sports, too many hours in front of the TV, too many conversations, too many social engagements, too much time on the internet.   I'm not saying those are bad things, but I’m saying are there too many because that’s often what creates busyness in our lives. Remember your first love.
Your pastor and partner in ministry,
Kyle 
The Ron and Cheryl Kogler family, who attend C3 Colby, were in a bad accident Monday night near Russell.
Cheryl was thrown from the vehicle and has passed away.
Please remember this family in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment