Tuesday, November 10, 2015

What’s Your Excuse Part 2

Forward Faith
God tells Moses, "I am sending you to Pharaoh to lead my people out of Egypt”. Moses comes up with a series of excuses why God couldn’t possibly use him; some of which may sound familiar to you.
Excuse No. 1: The “Who Am I?” Excuse
Excuse No. 2: The “By Whose Authority?” Excuse
Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘the God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘what is his name?’ then what shall I tell them?” Exodus 3:13 God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
The Hebrew people always recognized I AM as the name that distinguished the true God from false gods. There would be no mistaking who sent Moses on his mission. Not only did God tell him who He was, He also told him exactly who to talk to, what to say, and gave him the assurance that they would listen to him because "It is not about who you are, but who I AM”.
The same is true for us. We have been given the power and authority to with confidence pray in Jesus name because He is the great I AM!
Your pastor and partner in ministry,
Kyle 

No comments:

Post a Comment