Thursday, November 12, 2015

What’s Your Excuse Part 4

Forward Faith
Moses comes up with a series of excuses of why God couldn’t possibly use him to set the Hebrew slaves free. See if you use similar excuses to avoid doing what God is calling you to do.
Excuse No. 1: The “Who Am I?” Excuse
Excuse No. 2: The “By Whose Authority?” Excuse
Excuse No. 3: The “What if?” Excuse
Excuse No. 4: The “I Don’t Have What It Takes?” Excuse
Moses said to the LORD, "O Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue." Exodus 4:10 (NIV)
The ever reluctant Moses, having not only seen the signs but actually performed them, now offers his last protest: "I am not a good speaker, I have a slow mouth and a heavy tongue."God responds, "Who makes the mouth? Is it not I? I will be with your mouth. Now go. I will give you what to say." Moses, showing his foolishness, or perhaps that he knew what he was in for, or both, now begs God to send someone else, anyone but him. God has had enough of Moses' reluctance.
God tells Moses that his brother Aaron is coming and that Aaron will speak for him. Aaron will be as a mouth to Moses and Moses will be as God to Aaron's mouth. God refuses to let Moses off the hook. He is the person God wants for this job. God insists on using Moses and Moses can no longer resist. Moses finally goes back home and prepares to leave for Egypt.
The New Testament addresses this “I don’t have what it takes” excuse by telling us:
“‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness’” 2 Corinthians 12:9.
If we feel weak, limited, or inadequate, we are the best material through which God’s power can work.
Your pastor and partner in ministry,
Kyle
This Sunday is Commitment Sunday for C3’s Forward Faith Campaign. Bring your launch gifts plus your orange commitment card with your 36 month pledge to services this Sunday. NO EXCUSES!

No comments:

Post a Comment