Thursday, March 5, 2015

Not Just Busy-CRAZY BUSY!

crazy busy


In these 40 days of Lent as we approach Easter, I have been encouraging the readers of this blog to slow down and spend some quiet time with God.
I have been saying for a long time that we are all way too busy.
For example, the most common answer people give me to my question “How are you doing?” is “busy”. Just recently someone answered my inquiry with a new response,” Crazy busy”.  I found that phrase a notch up from the usual so I “ Googled” it and found someone had written a book entitled.  CrazyBusy: Overstretched, Overbooked and About to Snap.  
In his book, Edward M. Hallowell writes about the moment he knew he had crossed the dark side from busy to crazy busy. It was when he lost his temper at a rotary dial phone while on vacation. His cell phone wouldn't work, and he just about went nuts waiting for the dial to return to start with every number. Then, calming down, he timed the process. The entire dialing process took all of eleven seconds. "What a fool I had become," he wrote. "I had become a man in a hurry even when I had no need to hurry."
Sometimes we're too busy to even notice we're busy. Our daily tasks weigh us down, and we neglect what's most important--our inner nourishment and our family fellowship. The author suggests we plan time for rest, build some solitude into your routines, and establish plenty of time for spouse and family, and if I may add…God. Don’t be crazy—busy.
Your pastor and partner in ministry,
Kyle  
Baby Dunn

Congratulations to Trish & Micah Dunn on the birth of their son Miles Benjamin 7lbs 14 oz. Ron & Cindy Van Epps are the proud grandparents.

No comments:

Post a Comment