Thursday, April 16, 2015

"I believe…help my unbelief"

C:\Users\Kyle\Desktop\A.D. Gym.jpg
“Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe” John 20:25


Doubting Thomas has gotten a bad rap because he followed the premise that “seeing is believing”.  I do appreciate Thomas because he’s honest and open about his doubts. He is an honest seeker with some honest doubts. I don’t just automatically accept what people tell me. I check it out for myself. All of us should have a discerning spirit when it comes to things about our faith. Doubt is good if it motivates to investigate. Jesus even warns us that in the last days there will come a leader who claims to be the people’s Messiah who will deceive those who follow him and draw them away from Jesus, the way, the truth and the life. Thomas believed…he just struggled with his doubts.
This reminds me of the father of the demon possessed boy who Jesus asks if he believes he can heal him. Jesus, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!” (Mark 9:24).
This man’s unbelief was not rebellion. ‘Help my unbelief’ is something a person can only say by faith. No matter how much faith we have, we never reach the point of being self-sufficient. Faith is not stored away like money in the bank. Growing in faith is a constant process of daily renewing our trust in Jesus.
Thomas’s doubt didn’t make Jesus reject him. Instead, his doubt drew Jesus to Thomas. Jesus wanted to prove to Thomas that His resurrection was real because He wanted loved him and wanted him to believe.
When Thomas finally did see and touch Jesus wounds he exclaimed,
28  “My Lord and my God!”   
29  Then Jesus told him, “You believe because you have seen me. Blessed are those who believe without seeing me.” John 20:28-29 (NLT)
Your pastor and partner in ministry,
Kyle


Glow
IT’S NOT TOO LATE for you to sign up.


C:\Users\Kyle\Desktop\quilts #2.jpgC:\Users\Kyle\Desktop\quilt1jpg.jpg
52 quilt tops have been sewn by the quilters of the Hays and Colby Celebration Quilt Ministries and are on display in the gym.
21 of these tops have been entered to be voted on by the congregation.
These quilt tops will be finished and donated to Pregnancy Lifeline in Ft. Worth, Texas, an organization that provides counsel to women who are considering abortion. Vote for your top three in the gym after the service you attend this Sunday.   


ATTENTION MEN: Because of C3’s Women’s Conference
THERE WILL BE NO MEN’S BREAKFAST this Saturday 4/18
We will meet NEXT SATURDAY APRIL 25th 10am for


C:\Users\Kyle\Desktop\G4.png
$5 gets you $10 worth of shells and all you can eat lunch following.
For more info go to mens@celebratejesus.org  

No comments:

Post a Comment