Wednesday, April 8, 2015

WE WILL RECEIVE POWER TO BE HIS WITNESS

Witness
After Jesus’ resurrection he tells his disciples that real power will come upon them when they receive the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit did four things for the early disciples and I believe he does the same for us as modern believers.  First, He come to ENLIGHTEN us. He does this by bringing to mind the stories and verse of scriptures. the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. John 14:26
Sometimes when I am faced with a situation the Holy Spirit will bring to my mind a verse that will be helpful to me or to someone I am counseling.  
Second, He comes to ENERGIZE us. When I am tired, weary and am at especially tough and difficult times, the Holy Spirit provides for me the grace, strength and energy I need.
We also find that He comes to ENCOURAGE us. The Holy Spirit is also called our counselor, who guides me in the way I should go. But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things.. John 14:26.
The Holy Spirit also comes to EQUIP us. He equips us to carry on the message we have been given.But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth” Acts 1:8  
We will receive power...not for personal gain but to be His witness to all whom we come in contact with.
Ask that the Holy Spirit enlighten, energize, encourage and equip you to be all God created you to be.
Your pastor and partner in ministry,
Kyle











Be sure to join us this Sunday at the Celebration for our new message series and tune into NBC ‘s miniseries on Sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment