Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Hot Coffee 3, Iced Coffee 2, Lukewarm Coffee 0

Revelation Series
I love to drink coffee. I’ll pour down three cups every morning and then at least a couple more over the course of the day. I like drinking coffee hot in the morning. I like drinking iced coffee in the afternoon. But there is one temperature of coffee that I can hardly stomach, that is coffee that is lukewarm.
Jesus says very much the same thing when he talks to the church of Laodicea about their spiritual condition.  He says in the Book of Revelation.  “I know your deeds that you’re neither cold nor hot.  I wish that you were one or the other.  So because you are lukewarm, neither hot nor cold I'm about to spit you out of My mouth”.Rev. 3:14-16
Cold is when you are far apart from God and don’t even think about the things of God.
Hot is when you are passionate, on fire for Christ and his church.
It means you have a passion for his word. It means you have a passion for taking time to listen to His Spirit. It means you have a passion for enjoying being around his people. You are passionate about serving Him by serving others. You are passionate about sharing the good news that was given to you with others.  These are the things that reveal your spiritual temperature.
Then there’s lukewarm.  All you have to do to be lukewarm is just hang around and do nothing and the climate of the world will eventually cool you off.
How do you know if you’re lukewarm? We will speak to that issue tomorrow in this blog.
Your pastor and partner in ministry,
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment