Tuesday, August 25, 2015

What Makes Jesus Want To Puke?

Revelation Series
I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other!  So, because you are lukewarm--neither hot nor cold--I am about to spit you out of my mouth. Revelation 3:15-16
In this verse, Jesus says, “Lukewarmness makes me sick to my stomach.”  Literally in the Greek it says “It makes me want to vomit!”  That’s how serious God is.
The church in Laodicea had become lukewarm and thus distasteful. The believers didn't take a stand for anything; indifference had led to idleness. By neglecting to do anything for Christ, the church had become hardened and self-satisfied, and it was destroying itself.
Christian author C.S. Lewis once said, “The only thing Christianity cannot be is moderately important.”  The casual Christian is a contradiction of terms.  You’re either passionate about loving God with all your heart or soul and mind and strength or you’re not.
There is nothing more disgusting than a halfhearted, nominal Christian who is self-sufficient. Don't settle for following God halfway. Let Christ fire up your faith and get you into the action.
Your pastor and partner in ministry,
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment