Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Together We're Better - Part 3

Better Together
As we begin a New Year’s emphasis on starting new small groups we are looking at five reasons why you need to be in a small group.
  • I need others to walk with me to help me grow spiritually.
  • I need others to work with me to help me serve Him.
  • I need others to watch out for me.
We all need people in our lives who will defend, protect, and will stand up for me when I need somebody to help me stay on track. Philippians 2:4 says “Look out for one another’s interests, not just for your own.” Now that’s a countercultural statement because in America, the mindset is “It’s all about me. It’s all about my needs, my interests, my hurts", and yet the Bible says, “Look out for one another’s interests”.
Satan who is real wants to hurt God. But he can’t hurt God. God can’t be hurt. So what does he try to do? Hurt God’s children. If you couldn’t hurt me, what would you do? You’d go after my wife or my kids. And so, Satan can’t hurt God, so what does he do? He tries to destroy God’s children.
How does the devil try to destroy your life? Habits, you can’t break. Hurts, you can’t forgive and let go of. Hang-ups you can’t change. Problems, circumstances, relationships that mess up your life. And most of the time, we’re defeated because we try to fight it on our own. And you’re never going to beat the devil on your own. We need other people in our lives who are watching out for us. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 4:12 “Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.” That’s why you need a small group to watch out for you.
Here’s a great part about the new small groups that are starting next week at C3; they are 12 weeks in length so if for some reason the group you chose isn’t a good fit, there is a convenient time to exit. New small groups are starting this week I encourage EVERYONE to sign up for a short term small group.
Your pastor and partner in ministry,
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment