Thursday, January 28, 2016

Together We're Better - Part 4


Better Together
As new small groups begin next week at the Celebration, this week in this blog   we are looking at five reasons why you need to be in a small group.   
  • I need others to walk with me to help me grow spiritually.  
  • I need others to work with me to help me serve Him. 
  • I need others to watch out for me.  
  • I need others to weep with me 
We all need people who are going to be there in the inevitable crises of life. As your pastor, I feel this one deeply because I see it all the time in our church.  There are many situations in life that no one should ever have to go through alone. Nobody should ever have to sit alone in a hospital, waiting during a life or death surgery. No woman should have to be alone while she’s waiting for a lab test from a problem pregnancy. No man or woman should ever have to spend the first night alone when his wife dies or her husband dies or when a wife or a husband has walked out. I could go on and on and on.  We were not meant to face the crises of life alone.

God’s word says that His plan is for you to surround yourself with a group of believers who are committed to you.  The Bible says “You should be like one big happy family, full of sympathy toward each other.”1 Peter 3:8.

If you ever go to the hospital, you don’t need or want the whole church to visit you. But it would be nice to have a few folks visit you, and to say, “We’re praying for you.  We’re going to be here for you.”  That is the benefit of a small group and I can’t begin to tell you how much small groups taking care of each other has lessened my load over the years. You need to be a part of a small group. If you are not yet a part of a small group click on the link below and connect with a group that might turn into life long friends.
Your pastor and partner in ministry,
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment