Heaven is not a Magic Kingdom. It’s a real place – a home. And while John the Revelator does his very best to describe it, the truth is Heaven is beyond description. Our language simply doesn’t have the words to describe it.
It may be hard to describe Heaven, but there are more than a few verses that answer some of the most frequently asked questions about Heaven. I thought you might enjoy what the Bible has to say to some of the questions we all ask from time to time.
1. Will we cry in Heaven? We’re often told that there are no tears in Heaven, but Revelation 21:4 says, “And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”
2. Will there be pain and sorrow? Absolutely not! The Bible says without reservation, “There shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.” Revelation 21:4
3. Will time exist in Heaven? Sure it will. Revelation 8:1 says, “When he opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.” But you know what? Time won’t matter any more.
4. Will we have real bodies? Paul put it this way. “For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to himself.” (Philippians 3:20-21)
5. Will we really have our own place to live? That’s a promise that came directly out of the mouth of Jesus. “In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.” (John 14:2)
There’s so much more in the Bible about Heaven. This Sunday at C3 we will conclude our series “Heaven is for Real” where I will address some more questions about the reality of Heaven.
Your pastor and partner in ministry,
Celebration @ The Lake begins THIS SUNDAY @9:30 @ Lake Wilson
For more information visit their facebook page.
98.5 THE TRUTH and C3’s Women’s Ministry presents “Ladies Night Out” Next Friday May 30th 6:30pm. Tickets just $5 (child care not provided)
To see this new family friendly film at Hay’s StarPlex Theatre contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Come enjoy a night of fun and games with other couples!
Childcare MAY be provided for a donation. RSVP if you need childcare to Shauna Chance at email@example.com.