Several research groups, including The Barna Group, have reported a decreasing trend in church giving and tithing. The Barna Group's director, George Barna, said this trend is influenced by the following factors:
- "Some” people lack the motivation to give away their hard-earned money because the church has failed to provide a compelling vision for how the money will make a difference in the world."
- "Some” people see their giving as leverage on the future. They withhold money from the church because they do not see a sufficient return on their investment."
- "Some” people ... do not realize the church needs their money to be effective. Their church has done an inadequate job of asking for money, so people remain oblivious to the church’s expectations and potential."
- "Some” people are ignorant of what the Bible teaches about our responsibility to apply God’s resources in ways that affect lives."
- "The final category points to the reality that ‘Some’ people are just selfish. They figure they worked hard for their money and it’s theirs to use as they please. Their priorities revolve around their personal needs and desires."
Everything we own and everything we have comes from God. So, when we give, we simply offer him a very small portion of all the abundance he has already given to us. Giving is an expression of our thankfulness and praise to God. It comes from a heart of worship that recognizes that everything we give already belongs to him.
Summertime is a particularly slow time when it comes to underwriting our church’s budget. This summer for the first time we have introduced online giving as a way for you to continue to give even if you are away enjoying leisure activities.. You may make one time gifts or scheduled withdrawals through our website www.celebratejesus.org or by our Celebration Community Church app on your smart phones and tablets.
Thank you for not being like ‘some’ people who forget to support Christ’s mission and ministry at C3 throughout the summer.
Your pastor and partner in ministry,
Wednesday 7pm: The End Part 2
Want to watch The End Part 1 click here:http://vimeo.com/96361460
Ladies Night Out to see Mom's Night Out
Friday at 6:30pm
Meet at C3
Tickets are only $5
RSVP to email@example.com
Childcare available upon request