Most families in America today have material goods and luxuries unknown to previous generations. Most have greater prospects for a long life, unparalleled opportunities for education, leisure, entertainment, and recreation. Based on all of that you might think, families would be happy and trouble-free. Yet families today face incredible conflict and hardship.
* Divorce - As of 2010 marriages were more likely to end by divorce than by death.
* Crime - The arrest rate among juveniles has more than tripled from 1965 to 2010.
* Government dependence - In 2010 more than one child in six was raised on government welfare.
* Births to unmarried women - In 2010 five times more children were born outside marriage than in 1960.
* Single-parent families - 42% of all children now don’t live with their biological father.
* Suicide - The suicide rate among teens more than quadrupled from 1960 to 2010.
Your family may not have these problems, but the evidence shows that parent-child relationships are facing ever increasing hardships and Christian families are by no means immune. Serious questions face Christian parents as they strive to raise their kids in a healthy way in the midst of a dark and depraved culture.
Is it possible to raise Godly children despite modern social pressures in entertainment, recreation, and education? You have heard the expression, “It takes a village to raise a child” well at Celebration Community Church we know how difficult it is to ““train up a child in the way they should go” (Proverbs 22:6) and recognize that we are the kind of “Village” families need.
This is why we host opportunities like Celebration’s Vacation Bible School. We avail ourselves to parents to help them raise up good and Godly children in a society that scoffs at traditional family values.
We are blessed to have DeLynn Rice and her Go-Fish Children’s Ministry team who week after week share with kids and their families the love, logical discipline and Biblical learning that supports a healthy family lifestyle.
I am proud to be a part of the C3 village.
Your pastor and partner in ministry,
THIS SUNDAY JULY 27TH Todd Brown of Brown Church Development will speak at all of C3’s four services about C3’s potential growth and building needs. Come hear his testimony and the results of his firm’s Growth Positioning Study for C3 .