Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Saved People Serve - Part 3

C:\Users\Kyle\Desktop\images.jpg

This week we are looking at a dozen reasons why the Bible says we are to live our lives serving others.
  1. I was created to serve
  2. I am saved to serve
  3. I’ve been called by God for service
  4. I've been gifted to serve
  5. I am commanded to serve others.
  6. It proves that I belong to Christ
7.  MY CHURCH FAMILY NEEDS MY SERVICE
It's needed and necessary.  1 Corinthians 12:27 "All of you together are the one body of Christ and each of you is a separate and necessary part of it."  Focus on "necessary".  You are necessary.  You're a part of the body of Christ, the family of God.  What happens in your life when one part of your body stops functioning?  You get sick and you may die if one part of your body doesn't function. The same holds true in the church,  body of Christ, we need each other to function as a serving part of this organism.


8.  SERVING OTHERS IS THE WAY TO SERVE GOD.
Colossians 3:23 "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for me.  It's the Lord you're serving."  Jesus said, "Whatever you do for others, you're doing for Me. Even a cup of cold water given in my name is like being done to Me."  If I'm not serving others, I'm not serving God.  


9.  BECAUSE I OWE EVERYTHING TO CHRIST.
Romans 12:1 "Because of God's great mercy to us offer yourselves as a living sacrifice to God, dedicated to his service."  
Jesus Christ sacrificed His life for me.  And even if He never did anything else, I owe Him my life. I don't serve God out of duty.  I don't serve God out of fear.  I don't serve God out of some kind of guilt.  I serve God out of gratitude.  I owe Him my life.   
Tomorrow we will conclude this study on Saved People Serve.


Your pastor and partner in ministry,
Kyle


C:\Users\Kyle\Desktop\Mission Auction 14\Logo_2014.jpg

Saturday, November 15th 6:30pm
Great Food---Great Music---Great Fun--- all for the GREATEST cause…
Ashley Bott of Salon Diva donated a tanning package that includes one month of free tanning.  
WHAT ARE YOU PLANNING ON DONATING?

Coming Up:
C:\Users\Kyle\Desktop\FREQUENT\email graphics\Mens Breakfast 13 .jpg
Men’s Breakfast Saturday 7:30am Pastor Brant will be sharing a testimony about a life forever changed because of an invitation.


C:\Users\Kyle\Desktop\FREQUENT\email graphics\festival-of-faith.gif
Sunday 3pm Beach Schmidt Aud.

Join in worship with hundreds of other Ellis County Christians.

No comments:

Post a Comment