Friday, October 31, 2014

Give to God Your First & Best

C:\Users\Kyle\Desktop\first fruits.png


This week we have been looking at giving our VERY BEST to God in the use of our time, our talents and today we see how God wants us to give our best of our treasure.
“Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”  Matthew 6:21 (KJV)
If you want to find out where a person's priorities lie, you can look at their credit card statement or look at their checkbook.  If your treasure is on earth, it will be revealed in your checkbook, if your treasure is in heaven, that will be revealed as well.
That’s why it’s so important.  Your heart is going to be where your treasure is.  Jesus says that our things, our finances, our possessions, how we handle them, how we manage them, how we invest them is like a magnet to our heart.  Our heart is inevitably going to be drawn in that direction.  What happens with our finances deeply impacts our hearts.  It inevitably does.  
Malachi 3:10 “Bring the full amount of your tithes to the temple… The word “tithe” literally means ten percent  I am to  take the first ten- percent of whatever God’s given to me and I give it back to Him as a way of saying I honor Him.  I put Him first in my life.
Why ten percent?  Why did God say ten percent?  I don’t know He could have said fifty percent.  He’s God and it is all His. I know this: ten percent is enough to challenge me spiritually.  I do know that ten percent is enough to say God, I’m putting You first in my finances and I’m putting You first in my life.  
Deuteronomy 14:23 says  “The purpose of tithing is to teach you always to put God first in your lives.”  That’s really what the issue is here.  God doesn’t want your money.  He wants what it represents. Put Him first in our time, our talents and our treasures.
Your pastor and partner in ministry,
Kyle
C:\Users\Kyle\Desktop\Mission Auction 14\Logo_2014.jpg
Saturday, November 15th 5:00pm
Great Food-Great Music-Great Fun-Great Bargains, all for the GREAT Commission.
Darell Goheen of The Hobby Shop donated a remote control Quad Copter
C:\Users\Kyle\Desktop\Mission Auction 14\quad copter.jpg
WHAT ARE YOU PLANNING ON DONATING?

C:\Users\Kyle\Desktop\Uncle Ky -.jpg 
Bring the kids tonight to PK & Debbie’s 2905 Indian Trail  

C:\Users\Kyle\Desktop\fall back.png

C:\Users\Kyle\Desktop\single & parenting.png

New small group begins this Sunday at 3pm Single & Parenting with Ken Brooks

No comments:

Post a Comment