Monday, October 13, 2014

Saved People Serve People

Jesus said, Mark 10:45  "For even I didn't come to be served but to serve others and to give my life as a ransom for many."  Jesus’ words “serve others" and "give my life" summarizes the Christian life. 
Unless I learn how to serve others and unless I learn how to give my time, my talent, my treasure,  I will never be like Jesus Christ.
This week in these devotional blogs we will look at a dozen reasons why the Bible says we are to live our lives serving others.
  1. I was created to serve
God made me for that purpose.  I was designed for it.  The Bible says in Ephesians 2:10 "For we are God's workmanship, created in Jesus Christ to do good works which God prepared in advance for us to do."  

  1. I am saved to serve
 "It is God who saved us and chose us for His holy work."  2 Timothy 1:19
What is a holy work?  The Bible word for it is called ministry.  Another word for that is service.  Anytime you see the word service in the Bible, it's the same word as ministry. Anytime you see the word ministry in the Bible, it's the same word for service.  
  1. I’ve been called by God for service
I'm not only created for it, saved for it, but I've been called by God for service.   
1 Peter 4:10 "God has given each of you some special abilities. Be sure to use them to help each other."  
The Bible says every Christian is called to serve, every member of God's family is a minister.  Not everybody's a pastor but EVERY Christian is a minister.  
This week be thinking about how you can better serve and give to God.
Your pastor and partner in ministry,

Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment