Thursday, September 24, 2015

How to Pray For a Miracle Part 4

Pray
Jesus’ encounter with a blind man has been showing us how to pray for a miracle. We’ve learned we are to pray passionately, persistently, precisely and positively. In other words we need to pray expecting that God will answer. In Luke 18:42 Jesus said to this blind man, "Receive your sight; your faith has healed you."
Focus on the word "faith."  The blind man expected God to answer.   
Remember the story in the Bible where the father wants Jesus to deliver his demon possessed son and the man said I believe, help my unbelief.
Be honest with God, trust Him and then make GOD sized requests which will help your faith grow like a muscle. 
Mark 11:24 says "Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it will be yours."  What an incredible promise! " Now we are warned in the Bible not to ask for things with the wrong motive: ie “I want my boss to get shingles so I can take over his job. Let me win the lottery so I can buy a Porsche”.  Instead we are talking about praying positively and expecting results.  
How can you be more positive in prayer? The Bible says that faith comes by hearing the word -- so get into the word of God. Learn what God has promised. 
There are hundreds of promises from God in the Bible you can count on.  
Here are two of those promises of God I have been trusting in lately:
Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?  Matthew 6:26
Philippians 4:19 My God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus."
This Sunday Pastor Brant and myself will both be dealing with the important question, “What if God DOESN”T answer my prayer?”
Your pastor and partner in ministry,
Kyle
Make It A Point To Be @ Beach-Schmidt
Beach Schmidt

No comments:

Post a Comment