Thursday, September 3, 2015

You Can’t Have A Real Relationship Without Communication

Pray
All through Scripture, the Bible says God is speaking to us. Why? Because you were created for a relationship with Him. That is the whole reason you exist. God wants you to know him intimately and eternally.
Now you can’t have a real relationship without communication. The problem is that communication is very easily misunderstood. I’ve been married to my wife Debbie for over 13 years and I still don’t always hear her or understand her. So if I can’t even figure out somebody I’ve lived with for 13 years, how am I expected to always get it right hearing God?
That might surprise you because some people think pastors have a direct hotline to God. The truth is, sometimes I’m just as confused as you are in hearing God’s voice. I don’t get it clear every time – no different from anybody else -- but I will tell you this – it get’s better with time.
After 13 years of marriage, I can recognize my wife’s voice when she calls even when we have a bad connection.
And after more than 30 years in a relationship with God, I know his voice when he talks to me.
The longer you grow in your relationship with the Lord, the easier it is to know when he’s talking to you. The key is learning how to tune in to him.
Beginning this Sunday at Celebration Community Church Hays we are beginning a four week series simply called “Pray”. There are four components to this church wide initiative:
1) A Sunday morning message delivered by one of our teaching pastors on how to develop a personal and productive prayer life.
2) Dig deeper questions you can use to discuss with your family or small group.
3) The daily devotion you are reading now on how to pray using the Lord’s Prayer as model.
4) A church wide 24 for 24 campaign to enlist our congregation to pray in our Prayer Room behind C3’s Worship Center 24 hours a day for 24 straight days (September 10th through October 3rd Sign up for an hour each week in the Lobby of C3)
Your pastor and partner in ministry…AND prayer
Kyle
War Room
Go see WAR ROOM this weekend and get fired up about prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment