Tuesday, September 15, 2015

"This, then, is how you should pray:"

Pray
Throughout this week we are going to be looking at the Lord’s Prayer and how Jesus taught us to use it as a model for how to connect with Him in a personal and powerful way.
Yesterday we learned to seek Him personally as a Father while yet reverently as a “Heavenly Father”. . “Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name” Matthew 6:9
Today we learn to put His priorities above our own. your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven”.
I used to think that prayer was ALL ABOUT ME. Were all about what I wanted, what I thought I needed.  So many times I would come to Him thinking He’s like this cosmic Vending machine.  I believed if I inserted a prayer He would deliver my wishes.
I have come to learn that when we approach God in prayer, it’s all about Him. It’s all about what He wants to do in us and through us each day. We have to come to a place where we seek His priorities, His plans over ours. When we get to the place that we really trust Him we can have confidence that His plans are perfect for us. In Jeremiah 29:11 we learn that His plans are “To prosper us not to harm us plans for a hope and a future” 
What I am about to say to you is SO important. We have to get to the place in our time with God, where we’re seeking the Giver and not the gifts that He gives. Did you get that? Prayer is about seeking the Giver and not the gifts that He gives
Hear the promise God makes to us when we do.
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33
To "seek the Kingdom of God above all else" means to put God and His priorities first in your life, and when we do He provides us with all our needs.
Your pastor and partner in ministry,
Kyle
24 for 24 Pray
Sign up for C3’s 24 for 24 Prayer emphasis by calling 785 625-LIVE

No comments:

Post a Comment