Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Die Hard

Forward Faith

Having grown up in Chicago, I have been a Cubs fan since before I ever put on a Little League uniform. I learned the expression “Die Hard”, not from a Bruce Willis movie, but from what it means to root, root, root, for the home team, year after year whether they are in first place, or in the case of the Cubbies, mostly in last.
The last time the Cubs were in the World Series was 1945. The last time the Cubs won the World Series was 1908. As a result, I have lived in a perpetual state of “maybe next year” anticipation.
I believe being a Cub fan and being a Christian are closely related because they are both subject to persecution and both are awaiting with great expectation a “glorious appearing”. Christians await the glorious return of our Lord Jesus Christ. Cub fans await another World Series appearance. The Cubs made a step in that direction last night defeating their rival St. Louis Cardinals and will play the Mets or the Dodgers for the rights to go to the World Series.
I will share with you tomorrow about having a “Forward Faith”, and about a hero of mine that continues to inspire me to hope.
In the meantime… “Go Cubs Go”!
Your pastor and partner in ministry,
Kyle
Come to one of our “Forward Faith” Desserts @7pm
THIS THURSDAY October 15th
WEDNESDAY October 21st
THURSDAY October 29th
The details of a Memorial Service for Ericka’s Dad are pending but will be either Friday or Saturday in Quinter. I will share with you the particulars as soon as I know them-PK 

No comments:

Post a Comment