Thursday, October 15, 2015

Hope Part 1

Forward Faith
For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a future and a hope.  Jeremiah 29:11
As many of you may know, I am a lifelong Chicago Cub fan and growing up I had a hero from that team. His name was Ernie Banks. Banks played for the Cubs from 1954-1971,hitting 512 home runs and being named the Most Valuable Player in the National League in 1958 and1959, all while playing on the last place team!
Ernie Banks was a great player, elected into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1977. But what made Ernie Banks my hero was not his prowess on the field, but his attitude off of it. Every year he would optimistically kick off the year predicting something like, “The Cubs are going to be GREAT in 68’ or The Cubs are going to SHINE in 69”.  
Every game day, when asked by reporters how he felt about the upcoming contest, Ernie would respond, “Let’s Play Two!” Even while in the cellar of the National League playing nothing but day games in the sweltering heat of August, optimistic Ernie wanted to play a doubleheader.  
Ernie Banks never got to play in the post season but his attitude remained eternally optimistic and filled with hope. His positive outlook was a great role model for me as I grew up and I have tried to replicate my attitude after his.
My brother Eddie was once at a golf outing where Ernie Banks was signing autographs. My brother asked him to sign one for me. It hangs framed on my home office wall. It reads “To Kyle…HOPE!”
Tonight if you are able I would like you to come up to the church at 7pm for our first of three “Forward Faith Informational desserts".
The pastors will share the plans we believe God is moving us forward to build and we will be available to answer any and all questions regarding the proposed project and your partnership in it.
I HOPE you can be there,
Your pastor and partner in ministry,
Kyle 
Forward Faith Desserts
Come to one of our “Forward Faith” Desserts @ 7pm
TONIGHT (THURSDAY) October 15th
WEDNESDAY October 21st
THURSDAY October 29th

No comments:

Post a Comment