Wednesday, October 21, 2015

GOD’S PROMISE OF DIRECTION

Forward Faith
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV)
There are three commitments of life that ready you for the decisions of life.  These commitments build a lifestyle that enjoys God’s daily direction.
Determine your Director - “Trust in the Lord with all of your heart.”
This simple phrase encourages us to ask two of life’s most important questions.  First, who am I trusting?  Is it myself, my fears, my friends?  Or... is it the Lord.  Second, how am I trusting.  We’re encouraged to trust with all our heart.  Half hearted trust is no trust at all.
Detect your Detractor - “Lean not on your own understanding.”
Leaning on own understanding is a major reason for directionless living.  How do you avoid the temptation to lean? Talk to God about your decisions. Here's the acid test for determining your leaning tendency.  Are you talking to God and more importantly… are you listening?
Declare your Delight - “In all your ways acknowledge Him.” 
In your devotional life take time to tell the Lord you appreciate Him.  Publicly... in your witnessing life tell others you appreciate the Lord’s guidance in your life.
Acknowledge Him! And the promise is, God will direct your paths.  Not might, or could.... but will.  How can I know God’s will for my life?  How can I know what decision God would have me to make? How do I know how much to pledge in the Forward Faith campaign?  If you’ll work on determining and detecting and declaring, God will direct!
Family discussion question:  Have each person in your family answer the question, “the decision that I’m facing right now that I would most like to have God’s direction in is.......”
Your pastor and partner in ministry,
Kyle
Forward Faith Dessert 1021
C3 is hosting another Forward Faith Dessert TONIGHT (WEDNESDAY) Oct. 21st at 7pm.
Come see and hear the vision for what we believe God is calling our church to be and do in the years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment