Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Faith Is Obeying Even When It Doesn’t Make Sense

Forward Faith

The Bible says in Hebrews 11:7 "It was by faith that Noah built an ark to save his family from the flood.  He obeyed God who warned him about something that had never happened before." Faith, the Bible says, is obeying when I don't understand it. When God said, "Noah, I want you to build this big boat because it's going to flood."  Noah said, "What's a flood?"  God said, "It's when you get a lot of rain."  And Noah said, "What's rain?" Would you believe that, if you'd never seen it? 
It didn't make sense.  He had all kinds of questions and doubts because he and all of the people around him had never it had never happened before.  The Bible says that, before the flood, it had never rained.  The earth was watered by a mist that came up from the ground like dew in the morning, condensation. It was a different kind of atmosphere.  That may have been one of the reasons that people lived longer in those days -- of course they didn't have food additives or auto accidents back then either.
But Noah, because he had faith, obeyed God even though it didn't make sense.  God said, "I want you to build this big boat here in the middle of the desert and I'll bring the water to you."    Noah obeyed when it didn't make sense.
In 1999 during our first “Time To Build “ campaign God put on my heart a dollar amount He wanted me to give and it was WAY BEYOND what I thought was my capacity to give.  For me to give what He asked me to give didn’t make sense. But I pledged that amount anyway and guess what? God was faithful and He gave me the capacity to be able to fulfill my obligation.
Faith is obeying even when it doesn’t make sense
Come to the next Forward Faith Dessert THIS THURSDAY at 7pm and find out how you can learn to trust God as you ask Him what He wants to give through you.
Your pastor and partner in ministry,
Kyle 

No comments:

Post a Comment