Tuesday, February 16, 2016

What Love Is

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/11536027_1409081736088810_916683940814655670_n.png?oh=9317c450091e03b709577a571dcc9515&oe=576765C0
Last weekend 37 couples from Celebration Community Church Hays & Colby attended a “Weekend to Remember” marriage conference through our church’s UNITE  Marriage Ministry.

At C3 we are committed to helping to build healthy marriages between committed Christian men and women and the foundation of healthy marriages is love.

There are a couple of popular misconceptions about what love really is, based on the fact that love is a word that we use so many ways.  If we're going to really understand how to love somebody we have to start with understanding what love is.

Having just celebrated Valentine’s Day we have heard the word love used a lot. We use or should I say misuse the word love. I say, “I love my wife Debbie”. I also say, “I love Chicago style hotdogs”.  I hope you know there is a big difference between my spouse and a hot dog. We use the same word because we believe that love is a feeling. But love is more than a feeling. Love affects my feelings, powerfully, but it's more than just a feeling.

Biblical love is defined as the unselfish, loyal, and benevolent concern for the well-being of another. In 1 Corinthians 13, Paul described "love" as a "more excellent way", more than the supernatural gift of tongues or even preaching.

So when you say “I love you” in a relationship we really mean. I offer you my unselfish, loyal, service. That’s love.

Tomorrow we will see that love is not something that you “fall into”.

With love from your pastor and partner in ministry,

Kyle

C:\Users\Kyle\Desktop\War-Room-2015.jpg

98.5 The TRUTH presents “War Room” Friday at 7:05 Free admission, pop and popcorn

Inspire’s “Couples Night Out” Saturday 5pm. Bring a healthy dish to share and $10

No comments:

Post a Comment