Thursday, February 11, 2016

Without Love Nothing I Know Will Matter

C:\Users\Kyle\Desktop\Feb 16 Devo\Love Cor 13.jpg

February is the month of love and in these daily blogs we will look at 1 Corinthians 13, the Love Chapter of the Bible, and see what love isn’t and what love is.

Yesterday we saw from verse 1 that if I don’t live a life of love, nothing I say will matter.

Verse 2 shows us that if I don't live a life with love, nothing I know will matter.

“I may have the gift of prophecy.  I may understand all the secret things of God.  I may have all knowledge.  But if I do not have love, then I am nothing.”  1 Corinthians 13:2

You may be brilliant, a walking Bible encyclopedia, have incredible knowledge of science or math or literature or history.  You may have a head full of knowledge and be considered a genius but the Apostle Paul says if you don’t have love in your life, all that you know is worthless.

Brilliance without love equals zero.  

We live in a world where knowledge is exploding. We have more information at our fingertips that any other generation. But we still have the same old problems – war, terrorism, crime, abuse, prejudice, hatred, violence.  Why?  Because what the world needs now is not more knowledge; it needs more love.  Without love, nothing I say will matter, and without love, nothing I know will matter. It’s all about love!

This Sunday at the Celebration we will be looking at the how to receive and reciprocate the greatest love of all.  

Your pastor and partner in ministry,

Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment