Friday, February 12, 2016

Without Love Nothing I Believe Matters.

C:\Users\Kyle\Desktop\Feb 16 Devo\Love Cor 13.jpg

Over the last couple of days we have learned that:
If I don’t live a life of love, nothing I say will matter.
If I don't live a life with love, nothing I know will matter.
Today we see that if I don’t live a life with love, nothing I believe will matter.  
There’s a myth that being a Christian, a follower of Christ, is just a matter of believing certain truths.  Nothing can be further from the truth.  Following Christ is much more than believing intellectual facts or doctrinal truths.  It is all about living a life of love.  
1 Corinthians 13:2 says, “Even if I have the gift of faith so I could speak to a mountain and make it move, I will still be worth nothing at all without love.”  
It takes more than belief to please God.  You may say, I believe in Jesus!”  Well so does the devil and you won’t find him in heaven.   Why? Because  the issue is not do you believe in Him.  The real issue is do you love Him.  
The Bible says, If I say I love God and hate other people, I'm a liar.”  1 John 4:40.
We can’t say that I'm right with God and be out of sorts with other people.  Relationships with others affect my relationship with God.  If I don't live a life of love, nothing I believe will matter.”  You better believe that.   
Your pastor and partner in ministry,
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment