Thursday, June 19, 2014

Man of God


Sometimes when I'm in a crowded place, such as in Wal-Mart or like yesterday at the public pool, I hear someone call out, "Hey, Dad!" I instinctively look around to see who's calling. Although now most of the time it's not one of my boys. Recently I have gotten to hear those wo   rds more with my son Taylor home from college and playing with me on C3’s softball team. Even more with our grandkids  in from Atlanta I am hearing “Hey PapPaw”.   
Last Sunday in church, I was again reminded of the incredible responsibility we fathers and grandfathers have--and of the great privilege to influence those who look to us for protection, love, guidance, friendship, training, discipline, and so much more.
I must say that I can't think of a more rewarding job. Being a father means that God has entrusted me with the task of training my children in the way they should go (Prov. 22:6). He has given me the duty to teach them the fear of the Lord (Ps. 128). He has asked me to bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord without exasperating them (Eph. 6:4). He has allowed me to share the heritage of faith. God knows the responsibilities and joys of fatherhood because He's our heavenly Father. And as our Father He will give us what we need to care for our children. And that is all the more important in this mad world we live in today.
And for my efforts I get lots of hugs, hopefully  respect and the privilege of hearing the words, "Hey, Dad!” or “Hey PapPaw”

Last Sunday on Father’s Day  as a part of our services at C3 we showed this video from the Skit Guys who remind us that the greatest honor a dad could know would be his kids describing him as a “Man of God”.  


Your pastor and partner in ministry,
Kyle




98.5 THE TRUTH Presents:
Friday Family Flix FREE!
This Friday June 20th 7:05 @ C3










THIS SATURDAY 7:30am
Good food, good guys, learning more about our GREAT GOD! (if you have a weed wacker bring it so after breakfast we can tidy up the perimeter of our building)






WELLNESS FAIR THIS SATURDAY 9am-12noon (Come & Go)








Tell all Middle & High School students you know. ALSO contact alicia@celebratejesus.org to find out what she still needs donated.







GROWTH PLAN
As part of their study, Brown Church Growth Development would like everyone in  our congregation to fill out a short survey that will only take a couple minutes.  You can find the survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/celebrationcongregation  Please do so ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment